Sunday, April 29, 2012

Special Music Post: "Wallace '48" by The Hangdogs


Several weeks ago, I posted the song "Anacostia" by the late, great alternative country band, The Hangdogs. At the time, I lamented that the band's outstanding musical tribute to former Vice President Henry Wallace's doomed 1948 progressive presidential campaign was not available on You Tube. Well, I decided to take matters into my own hands, and am now proud to present my first ever You Tube upload: "Wallace '48" by The Hangdogs. "No more hunger fear or A-bombs," indeed.

I actually have a cache of great indie rock and alternative country tunes from the 1990s and early 2000s that were previously too obscure for You Tube that I'll be uploading to my new channel in the coming weeks.

Enjoy!

5 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks! I have already uploaded a couple of dozen such cool obscurities on my You Tube channel. It makes me feel like a Jedi battling the Evil American Idol Empire. :)

      Delete
  2. That was pure gold. Progressive candidate, country music - a match made in heaven.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep--it's a reminder that there once was a time when country music was actually the white man's blues. :)

      Delete
  3. Music is life. It involves us since it is a human creation. It can be created and executed by us throughout many phases of our development. Musical learning leads to interpersonal relationships, acceptance by the group, the desire to create, and the motivation to communicate. To "live" and experience music and learning "how to make music" adds much to family life and this increment in quality provides improved communication in society.

    ReplyDelete